Emotional intelligence (EI) is critical for both your personal and professional growth. It is increasingly recognized as a skill leading to personal well-being, self-management, effective communication, problem-solving, and the ability to work with others. Studies show that the most effective leaders have high levels of emotional intelligence.
FIU now offers a free emotional intelligence badge for your online credentials. The EI micro-credential will help you develop your emotional self-management while increasing your ability to work with others.
What will you learn?
You will learn emotional intelligence concepts related to personal and social awareness, self-management, and relationship management. You will also learn strategies to recognize and manage emotions, identify negative beliefs and self-talk, listen empathetically, and better manage relationships. Upon completion of this micro-credential, you will:
- Identify and describe emotions, discuss the fight or flight response, describe strategies for combating it
- Discuss the four attributes of empathy, identify responses that help create empathy, demonstrate empathetic strategies in conversation
- Identify negative beliefs and self-talk, apply the ABC strategy to challenge irrational beliefs, describe strategies for mindful use of technology
- Apply win-win problem solving to a real-life problem; describe strategies for effective teamwork; discuss strategies for influencing and managing change
- Develop an Emotional Intelligence Self-Improvement Plan that identifies their strengths and weaknesses and describe how the EI skills apply to their major and career of interest.
How to sign up
|ENC 1930||Essay Writing||Spring section(s) - B51|
|REL 2011||Introduction to Religion||Spring section(s) - UHA, UHB|
|MAN 3100||Happiness at Work||Spring section(s) - RVD|
|ENC 3378||Writing Across Borders||Spring section(s) - U01|
|ENC 6734||Multilingual Matters||Spring section(s) - U01|
|MVS 1311||Principal Applied Violin||Spring section(s) - U05|
|MVS 3331||Principal Applied Violin||Spring section(s) - U02|
|MVS 4441||Major Applied Violin||Spring section(s) - U02|
|RED 4150||Content and Methods of Teaching Beginning Literacy||Spring section(s) - RVC, U03|
|SPC 4445||Communication for Effective Leadership||Spring section(s) - RVD|
|PAD 4905||Independent Study in Public Administration||Spring section(s) - RVC|
|PAD 6907||Independent Study in Public Administration||Spring section(s) - RVC|
|COM 4930||Special Topics in Communication Arts||Spring section(s) - B51|
Looking to take this micro-credential online at your own pace? To sign-up for this micro-credential, please fill out this form.